Morning, Tuesday, 7th December 2021
***Full-scale policy conference taking place online***
This conference will be a timely opportunity to discuss the development and progress of the City and Growth Deals, next steps for their implementation, and developing effective proposals going forward, including what has been learnt so far that can be taken forward.
Delegates will look at City and Growth Deals in other jurisdictions and consider what can be learned for Deals in Wales from best practice in the administration, governance, and delivery of Deals elsewhere.
The discussion is structured to consider recent developments such as the successful gateway review for the Cardiff Capital Region (CCR) City Deal, which has enabled the release of funding for the next five years, and the announcement of accelerated funding for the Deals in Swansea and North and Mid Wales.
This will also be an opportunity to look at specific case studies, and assess priorities for taking them forward, as well as what can be learned from their delivery for future City and Growth Deals in Wales. They include projects such as: Pentre Awel, Homes as Power Stations, Pembroke Dock Marine, and Morlais.
Our forums are known for attracting strong interest from policymakers and stakeholders. Places have been reserved by officials from Defra; the DWP; the Home Office; and the Welsh Government. Also due to attend are representatives from CIPD Wales and Innovate UK.
Overall, we expect speakers and attendees to be a senior and informed group including Members of the Senedd Cymru and Welsh Parliament and senior officials from the Welsh Government, and regulatory officials involved in this area of policy, as well as representatives from industries involved in the development of digital and transport infrastructure, health and life sciences representatives, sustainability and the environment, further and higher education and skills development, the tourism and cultural sectors and the business sector - including large employers and high value manufacturing, together with reporters from the national and specialist media.
This is a full-scale conference taking place online***
- full, four-hour programme including comfort breaks - you’ll also get a full recording and transcript to refer back to
- information-rich discussion involving key policymakers and stakeholders
- conference materials provided in advance, including speaker biographies
- speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish, using the Cisco WebEx professional online conference platform (easy for delegates - we’ll provide full details)
- opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
- a recording of the addresses, all slides cleared by speakers, and further materials, is made available to all delegates afterwards as a permanent record of the proceedings
- delegates are able to add their own written comments and articles following the conference, to be distributed to all attendees and more widely
- networking too - there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact - we’ll tell you how!
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference