Morning, Thursday, 30th April 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference focuses on:
- Raising the quality of health and social care in Wales;
- The future for inspection and regulation; and
- Recruitment, development, and support of the workforce.
It will be an opportunity to discuss the Health and Social Care (Quality and Engagement) (Wales) Bill as it progresses through the National Assembly - including its proposals for a ‘duty of candour’ for NHS bodies and the creation of a citizen voice body to replace Community Health Councils.
It also comes as the National Health Service (Indemnities) (Wales) Bill - determining the steps that the Welsh Government can take to protect professionals from increasing costs of indemnity - begins its passage through the Welsh Assembly.
- Dr Kate Chamberlain, Chief Executive, Healthcare Inspectorate Wales (HIW); and
- Dame Clare Marx, Chair, General Medical Council.
Further speakers include: Darren Hughes, Welsh NHS Confederation; Mario Kreft, Care Forum Wales; John Pearce, Board of Community Health Councils in Wales; Claire Morgan, Carers Wales; Professor Aled Jones, Cardiff University; and Anna Prytherch, Rural Health and Care Wales.
- The way forward for raising the quality of health and social care;
- Developing the governance and transparency of health boards and enhancing the voice of patients;
- Improving inspection and the regulation system in Wales;
- Medical Regulation: looking to the future;
- The workforce and delivering higher quality care - recruitment, development, and support for health and social care professionals; and
- The Quality and Engagement Bill - assessing the potential impact on improving care and outcomes for patients and service users.