Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF
This seminar will bring together stakeholders with policymakers to discuss implementation of the new primary level curriculum.
Areas for discussion include priorities for:
- the design and implementation phases
- support for schools and teachers to successfully teach the new curriculum
- addressing challenges for teachers as they approach the new Areas of Learning
- learning from Pioneer Schools
It comes with the rollout of the new curriculum commencing in primary schools in September, and with concerns from some that schools should be given more time for implementation and allowed to focus on education recovery in the context of COVID-19.
Sessions in the agenda look at:
- curriculum design
- approaching the new Areas of Learning and Experience
- delivering the curriculum
- assessment under the new system
- policy priorities and next steps for primary level education in Wales
We are pleased to be able to include keynote sessions with Dr Georgina Haarhoff, Deputy Director, Curriculum and Assessment, Welsh Government; and Gareth Evans, Director of Education Policy, Yr Athrofa: Centre for Education, University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
The conference will be an opportunity for stakeholders to consider the issues alongside key policy officials who are due to attend from Senedd Cymru, the Welsh Government, and the IPO.