TO BE PUBLISHED March 2022
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF
This seminar will bring together stakeholders with policymakers to discuss the next steps for implementing the new primary level curriculum.
We are pleased to be able to include a keynote contribution from Dr Georgina Haarhoff, Deputy Director, Curriculum and Assessment, Welsh Government.
Areas for discussion include:
- priorities for both the design and implementation phase
- what further support might be required by schools and teachers to successfully teach the new curriculum
- the key challenges that teachers expect to face as they approach the new Areas of Learning
- lessons that can be learnt from Pioneer Schools
It comes with the rollout of new curriculum commencing in primary schools in September 2022, and with:
- concerns from some that schools should be given more time for implementation and allowed to focus on education recovery following COVID-19, with the pandemic exacerbating existing problems such as staffing shortages and workload pressures
- a survey conducted in the summer by Impact Wales suggesting that primary school teachers are more pessimistic than their secondary peers with regard to whether schools will be ready to teach the new curriculum