TO BE PUBLISHED December 2019
This seminar focuses on key issues for raising the quality of health and social care in Wales.
Delegates will discuss the future for inspection and regulation - and recruitment, development, and support of the workforce.
It will be an opportunity to discuss the Health and Social Care (Quality and Engagement) (Wales) Bill as it progresses through the National Assembly - including its proposals for a ‘duty of candour’ for NHS bodies and the creation of a citizen voice body to replace Community Health Councils.
- Dr Kate Chamberlain, Chief Executive, Healthcare Inspectorate Wales (HIW);
- Darren Hughes, Director, Welsh NHS Confederation;
- Mario Kreft, Chair, Care Forum Wales;
- Dame Clare Marx, Chair, General Medical Council; and
- John Pearce, Chair, Board of Community Health Councils in Wales.
- The way forward for raising the quality of health and social care;
- The Quality and Engagement Bill - assessing the potential impact on improving care and outcomes for patients and service users;
- Governance and transparency of health boards and enhancing the voice of patients;
- The workforce and delivering higher quality care - recruitment, development, and support for health and social care professionals;
- Inspection and the regulation system in Wales; and
- Regulating professional standards.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF